Half-Life 2 Mods for DummiesBook - 2007
Modify gameplay, add textures, and integrate amazing effects
Develop intense environments, then share your design with players online
How cool would it be to build your own levels and customized weapons for Half-Life 2? This book will get you ready to mod so you can enjoy the ultimate gaming experience. You'll find out how to create your own maps, strategically place high-tech military equipment, and modify your levels for smoother play.
All this on the bonus CD-ROM
- Samples from the book
- A video walk-through of your first mod
- Adobe(r) Photoshop(r) CS2 tryout version
- NormalMapGenerator and Compressonator by ATI Technologies, Inc.
- Packrat version 0.95 for Half-Life 2 and Adobe Photoshop Normal Map and DDS Authoring Plugins
- For details and complete system requirements, see the CD-ROM appendix.
Discover how to
- Design maps and playing levels
- Load your creation into the game
- Expand your map with additions
- Include armor and weapons
- Distribute levels on the Web
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.