Investing for DummiesBook - 2008
Become a savvy investor with this updated Wall Street Journal bestseller
Want to take charge of your financial future? This national bestselling guide has been thoroughly updated to provide you with the latest insights into smart investing, from weighing your investment options (such as stocks, real estate, and small business) to understanding risks and returns, managing your portfolio, and much more.
- Get time-tested investment advice -- expert author Eric Tyson shares his extensive knowledge and reveals how to invest in challenging markets
- Discover all the fundamentals of investing -- explore your investment choices, weigh risks and returns, choose the right investment mix, and protect your assets
- Navigate Wall Street -- understand the financial markets and the Federal Reserve, avoid problematic buying practices, and evaluate investment research
- Build wealth with stocks, bonds, and mutual funds -- use indexes, understand prices, minimize costs, and diversify your investments
- Get rich with real estate -- find the right property, evaluate the market, finance your investments, work with agents, and close the deal
- Start, buy, or invest in a business -- write a business plan, finance your business, and improve profitability
- Manage college and retirement savings accounts -- establish your goals, evaluate your investment options, and tame your taxes
Open the book and find:
- Recommendations on the best stock, bond, and money market funds
- The best times to buy and sell stocks and bonds
- The scoop on exchange-traded and hedge funds
- Tips for reading and analyzing financial reports
- The best online brokers
- How to make safe and profitable real estate investments
- A wealth of information on the best investment tools and resources
Baker & Taylor
Outlines back-to-basics financial advice that takes into account the events of the past few years, presenting in an updated fifth edition comprehensive coverage of such topics as securities, retirement accounts, avoiding bad investments, diversification, the latest in technology and online trading, the latest tax laws, and financial success in a down market. Original.
Outlines basic financial advice, covering such topics as securities, retirement accounts, diversification, online trading, current tax laws, and avoiding bad investments.