Case Studies in Green BuildingBook - 2008
Improve Your Green Design Skills with 24 Full-Color Case Studies of Sustainable Structures and Facilities!
Turn to Emerald Architecture for a full-color collection of 24 in-depth case studies of sustainable structures and facilities.
Packed with more than 200 design-inspiring photos and illustrations, this beautiful architectural guide presents design data and specifications from a wide variety of projects, including schools, offices, labs, libraries, government buildings, and even a summer camp.
For each case study, the book gives a description of the building, how it works, and how successful it has been. In addition, each case study includes architectural details, elevations, and floor plans…photos and illustrations…site plans…product sources and credits…key building parameters…charts for tracking climate and rainfall…and LEED scores and ratings.
Written by the experts at GreenSource Magazine, Emerald Architecture provides:
- A one-stop source for green architectural data and design inspiration
- 24 in-depth case studies of sustainable structures
- More than 200 beautiful photos and illustrations
- Details, plans, charts, diagrams, and elevations
- Key parameters, such as location, square footage, cost, carbon footprint, and energy use
- Charts for tracking climate and rainfall to forecast energy needs
- Source and product information to maximize research and planning
A vital tool for everyone who wants to capitalize on the latest advances in sustainable design and construction, Emerald Architecture presents an abundance of “hard” information on the planning, design, and methods for green structures.
The sustainability movement in architecture is gaining tremendous momentum every year, especially now that buildings can be rated with LEED and their operations tracked for effectiveness. However, the building industry is still in need of “hard” information about the planning, design, products, and methods for sustainable structures.
In order to help meet this crucial need, Emerald Architecture offers you a full-color collection of 24 in-depth case studies of green buildings that are as attractive as they are sustainable.
Using more than 200 beautiful photos and illustrations, this timely architectural guide presents design data and specifications from a wide variety of projects, including schools, offices, labs, libraries, multifamily housing, and government buildings.
For each of the cutting-edge projects included, Emerald Architecture provides a lucid description of the building itself…how it works…and an evaluation of how successful it has been.
Written by the experts at GreenSource Magazine, this invaluable design tool features the following information for each of the 24 case studies of successful sustainable structures and facilities:
- Comprehensive architectural details, elevations, and floor and site plans
- Numerous full-color photos and illustrations of the project
- Carbon footprint and energy use
- Accurate product sources and credits to aid in research and planning
- Key parameters, such as location, square footage, and cost
- Handy charts for tracking climate and rainfall to understand energy use
- LEED scores and ratings
In addition, this all-in-one green resource contains a comprehensive introduction to concepts of sustainable design…time- and money-saving material on new building technology…the international aspects of sustainable design and construction…innovative new green products…and many forward-looking design ideas and techniques that are currently being used to enhance the beauty, viability, and management of sustainable structures and facilities.
An essential, skills-building reference, Emerald Architecture presents a state-of-the-art compendium of “hard” information on the planning, design, and methods for green structures and facilities.